Friday, September 17, 2010

Special Memories

I remember being told by my sixth grade teacher that everyone had a special talent. I’m not sure what my talent was, but I think she spent most of the year trying to help me discover it. This was no easy task. My sixth grade experience with Mrs. Maguire is a memory worth keeping. In retrospect, she went above and beyond to help me. She connected with me and at the time I didn’t truly appreciate it, but I do now. I think sixth grade was when I learned the most about who I was and who I wanted to be. It appeared to be a turning point of sorts. Was this due to my natural maturation or was it because I had a guide? I can’t really answer this, maybe a little of both, but I do think fondly of everything Mrs. Maguire did for me.

My thoughts now turn to my classmates and I wonder if they got this special treatment, too. I’m not planning on calling them to ask, but I can speculate that they probably have similar memories. My evidence is in my own memories. The special moments that my teacher created for me weren’t just for me, they included some of my classmates as well. They were there with me and we were all being guided by Mrs. Maguire.

Who are you thinking of now? Which teacher helped you find your talents?

Who are you helping to guide today?

No comments:

Post a Comment