Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Healthy Practice for Teachers


This is an activity which I asked you to participate in a few years ago.  I actually had a lot of feedback at the time from teachers on my staff as well as teachers from other districts (who my teachers had contacted).  It’s a quick activity and I feel you’ll get a lot out of it, professionally.
I normally begin my Friday Focus with a quote, thought, or idea, which expands to a reflection and sometimes a revelation.  Today I’m changing things up and asking you to be an active participant.  Your task is relatively simple and will take only a few minutes of your time.  I would like you to visit five teacher websites and spend a moment navigating around them.  If you like something about the website, then send that teacher a quick note to let them know.  Here’s the catch – I would like it if you would only view one site from your team and one site from another teacher at AAK.  (That leaves three sites left, right?)  Please select one teacher site from the high school and one teacher site from the elementary school.  For the fifth site I’d like you to travel the internet waves to another district and view a teacher site from outside the Potsdam district.  It’s important to remember to send a note or email telling the teachers what you liked about their site.
Thanks for being such willing participants in this exercise.  Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment